Explore. Dream. Discover.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Presidential Election - the Czech way :)

So we were supposed to have presidential elections today. I mean - we are having them right now. I'm not going to write who should win and stuff like that, I just think it's funny. All our MPs (I think they are all there), the former president and the guy who'd like to get his job :), they all gathered together to vote... (only the MPs are voting, of course :)). They did so in the morning and up to now, they haven't even agreed on how they should vote. So they're just talking, talking, talking... about nothing most of the time, I don't think anyone can listen to it (well, my grandmother was listening to it, it woke me up...), the president has probably used about 20 pens as he seems to be drawing pictures because it's probably really boring to sit there (he might also be making notes, I don't know :)), the new guy is going to have problems with his neck soon as he's turned to the people speaking while he's pretending (can anyone really be listening to them all day??) that he's listening to them...
But... the reason why I'm writing this is this: I watched it on TV for about 10 minutes and one picture really made me laugh and explained everything - our minister of foreign affairs - Karel Schwarzenberg - sitting with the rest of the current government (and some other people) just behind the presidential candidates and the people speaking and... he's SLEEPING! And you get that with the presidential election LIVE on TV :))) Hehe, I think the rest of the people wish they could fall asleep (he's said to be able to fall asleep anywhere but still be able to know what's going on).

So here you go, here comes the picture that perfectly illustrates the process of choosing the "head" of our country:


PS: Honestly, I don't care much who's going to win. I just hope that next time, it's gonna be, finally, only a presidential election and not a club of silly people fighting over nothing... Who wants to have that on TV the whole day? :)

3 comments:

fafner said...

If it helps, I'm already sick of the presidential hooplah and we're still in the primaries here. I just hate when you get the point where every add on tv is a campaign ad tearing down the other candidates. Makes me miss car insurance commercials.

Baryka said...

Susan! I'm glad you're feeling better! Well, the fact is that your presidential election is much worse because it takes much more time... I should be happy for what we got I guess :)

Anonymous said...

nejlepsi je Bobo v cervenym s komousema!
Bobo je vlastne vitezka.

Places I've been through, travelled through, live at...
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com