Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Celebrate good times, come on! :)

This song (Celebration) just came to my mind when I decided to write this post. So... I passed the state exams and got another BA (and this time - no resits needed :)). When people ask me: "So, how did you celebrate?" I say that I didn't celebrate. It actually took me about 2 days to tell my parents that I passed... It's just the feeling I always have that it's over and that there's no need to talk about it anymore. However... When I came home on Wednesday, I realized that all I did for the last week or so was just one big celebration. :) But I prefer to say that I celebrated life... or the good times? :)

So... the last day of the state exams was Friday, February 1st. All I wanted then was to sleep as much as I could. This didn't happen because of some not so good things that happened instead the day after. My birthday, by the way, the worst ever, I think. I went to a ball on that day and believe me or not - I didn't want to drink... And I can tell you that I wouldn't have drunk if the February 2nd hadn't been such a bad day... But it was and when I got to the ball I just needed a drink. Or two... It was much more but it was so much fun in the end! So that's how it started.
Then the week passed, somehow, and on Friday evening, Iwent out with three girlfriends for coffee, pancakes and some non-alcoholic cocktails. It was fun, too.

Saturday - a concert in Hranice. Sunday - an afternoon movie with my nieces and L., then a walk to the pond to see if there are some swans (they were there and I promised Marketka that we'd fo again and feed them some bread as - in her words - "it's going to be so much fun" :)). Then we got home and then an evening movie with L. I really liked both of the movies. It was Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium with Dustin Hoffman and Natalie Portman (the movie's website looks like the movie... :)) which was very relaxing. And then Medvidek, a very typical Czech movie about relationships, I'd say. I like those movies.

What else... On Tuesday I went to Brno, to get my plane ticket and also, mainly, to see some of my friends for the last time before I leave. So I spent hours (as always, we never run out of things to talk about :)) with Ivca starting with lunch, then coffee, honey cake (medovnik), tea, another tea, a walk... Then I went to see Zu in her (and her boyfriend's) new place, so I met her boyfriend and her dog for the first time and I was really happy to see her. And then I went for dinner with Linda and John to a very fancy restaurant (for which I wasn't appropritely dressed at all, but after a second or third glass of wine, I didn't care that much :)). The food was delicious, the place was very nice and we even got roses (from John :)). I ate frog's legs for the first time and didn't find it that special but the rest of the food was just delicious!
And then we ran to the movies because we forgot about time and we wanted to see The Darjeeling Limited. We missed the beginning... But the movie was just amazing! I loved, it was nice, kind, very funny, relaxing... (I also like Adrien Brody very much :)). It was really good as I have no idea what we were going to see (Linda sent me the IMDb link before but I hadn't paid much attention to it as I didn't understand why she sent it to me :)) and I wasn't expecting anything. And this was just the best surprise I could get!

We got home late and tired but with the best feeling of the wonderfully spent day. At least I did. :) And the next morning was very nice too as there was breakfast waiting for us prepared by John.

So... to sum up... THANK YOU, MY DEAR FRIENDS for spending the time with me and for being who you are!

2 comments:

o said...

Ah, what a cool post!!!
I was thinking those two days were the best since Xmas...Very special!
I love A. Brody too! And Owen Wilson.
And I like messed up relationships:)
Hope to see your coolie/cutie nieces after you come back!
Frog legs - something between bad fish and average duck:)))))
So take care see you on Sun.
Which reminds me I still has not got Reflex...Mon!!!
I am glad that the movie exceeded your expectations even though you did not expect anything:)
Say hi to girls!!

fafner said...

I've fallen behind on your blog because I've been sick! Which doesn't even make sense because there really was nothing in my illness to keep me from the computer, but yeah, I'm using that as my reason for everything.

Leaving good people and places is always hard. I'll be doing that soon too. The difference is, I don't know where I'm going yet.

Places I've been through, travelled through, live at...
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com