Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Last moments before The Tour :)

Well, it's been a long time but there are still some things left that are worth being posted here.
The first one is BRAAI that took place in Cape Town on June 3 at Saleh's place in Cape Town (Saleh is one of Suliman's friends, therefore one of our Saudi Arabian friends). Suliman told Susan to come and tell us about it. Susan couldn't go because June 3 was the day when her tour started, but she told us. At first, Jill and Geral said they would go because they would feel bad if they didn't go. I said I wouldn't go because I had an exam the day after and wasn't very far with my preparation. However, things changed suddenly.
Suliman called me while I was writing a messge to him saying that the girls would go but I wouldn't. He said: "Well, let me think of something."
Well, so he did think of something, after which I got an sms that they would change the time so that it would start at 3 pm so that I'd be home before 9 pm. And he asked: "Does it fit your plane?" :) I couldn't say no, so I didn't. Then I got an answer: "Barbora, your present is very important." :) We were laughing a lot with the girls, and even more when Suliman asked, later, in person, if he really spelled it wrong. If you don't find this funny, it's because you have no idea how many messages like that we got from some of the Saudi Arabian guys. And I'm not laughing at them, at least not in a bad way, they knew we were laughing, and it was fun. (Like another message where we were told to "Keep it real, ah shit." Or one saying "We're going to be late because ****" - nobody knows what the **** meant, or what we were supposed to keep real... :)) I miss the guys and I'm really happy we met them.

Well, and the second one is this: Geral left on June 13 which was a very sad day in the history of my presence in South Africa. I never know what my reaction is going to be. I'm always the 'cool' one - I hate saying good bye and so I don't (How does that work? I simply tell the person that I'll come to say good bye but at the end I don't, cruel, eh? :)) But I had to and I wanted to spend the last minutes that Geral spent in Stellenbosch because she was a wonderful flatmate and I can't explain how happy I'm that she lived just next door! So this part of the post is pretty much just to say THANK YOU, GERALDINE! (And I hope I'll see you soon :)).

0 comments:

Places I've been through, travelled through, live at...
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com