Explore. Dream. Discover.

Monday, March 31, 2008

My likes and dislikes :)

I've been watching Friends a lot lately and Phoebe's newly found half-brother was telling her what he liked about their weekend together... One of the things was when he was telling her about his likes and dislikes... Phoebe was confused... He explained: "How I liked melting stuff and dislike stuff that doesn't melt." :)
Soo...

I like/love:
  • Friends
  • That 70s Show
  • Africa
  • nice people
  • carrot cake
  • my mom's mushroom soup
  • English
  • my home country
  • travelling
  • good books
  • sleeping
  • my parents, my nieces and my brother
  • my family
  • Jirka
  • mangoes in the countries that grow mangoes (I pretty much love all fruit and veggies :))
  • good movies
  • documentaries that don't lie and that have a clear message
  • meeting new people
  • "discovering" new places
  • people who are able to admit that they don't know something instead of asking stupid questions pretending they know what they're talking about
  • the South African flag
  • Damien Rice, Jamie Cullum, Jack Johnson, Regina Spektor and Kate Nash
  • organic food
  • walking outside when it's sunny, watching the flowers and listening to the birds
  • and many other things...
I dislike/hate:
  • when abroad, phrases like these (and yes, I heard all of them):
    • So you're from the Czech Republic, you can teach me Russian, right? (Yeah, it is as probable as you teaching me Korean - I probably never met anybody who speaks Korean...)
    • Where are you from? - Czech Republic. - So where in Czechoslovakia do you live? (What the hell? Why do you ask me and don't listen to the answer?? Or are you just so dumb??)
    • Do you have the Internet where you come from? (This one I kind of love because it gives you a great opportunity to tell the people something that if they later use, it will make them look really stupid. :) I've done that once when I was asked something like that in Canada... I told the guy that we don't... And that we actually don't have airports either... That I had to go to Germany by a ship first and only then I could fly to Canada from there.)
    • The Czech Republic is really poor, right?
    • Czech Republic? That's quite exotic! (What is so exotic about Europe, dear Canadian doctor? :))
    • So you're from the Czech Republic... When you're done here, are you going back to Russia?
    • Are you from Prague? (Ok, I admit that this is not so bad... But it's like asking everyone from the UK if they're from London... :))
    • Chechnya! You had a war there, right?
    • I can find you a job here [that was in Switzerland] in a restaurant, or something like that... [After I told the guy that I'm a student and that yes, I'm going home because I only went to visit my friend... Why do they think that I'd rather be a waitress in Switzerland than a student in the Czech Republic? We are not a developing country!!! :))
    • PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT COULD BE ADD HERE, TELL ME!!!
  • documentaries that:
        1. don't make sense
        2. don't tell you anything new
        3. don't have a clear message (this means that in the end, you're thinking what the hell it was all about)
        4. focus on unimportant things while ignoring things that actually matter
  • horror movies
  • spicy food
  • waking up
  • parents whose lifestyle leads to the obesity of their kids
  • dry hands
  • pops
  • melted snow in cities
  • arrogance
  • people who ask you questions and don't listen to you when you're asnwering... They do that because they want to look polite and they're too stupid to realize that it's actually much more impolite than not asking at all
  • violence
  • and probably many other things...
What are yours likes and dislikes?? Do you like melting stuff? :)


2 comments:

fafner said...

Hi Barbora! I'd love those recipes, and I really look forward to your email.

I agree with most of your likes and dislikes, except that spicy food is amazing.

As for me, I'm sort of apathetic toward melting stuff, though I do like playing with half-melted candle wax.

o said...

and you loooove fresh butter on a fresh Czech roll.
Yep,me too:)

Places I've been through, travelled through, live at...
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com