Explore. Dream. Discover.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Go (back) to Europe! The world is going crazy...


No, I haven't met anybody anti-European who'd like to send me back where I came from. :) I just had an unpleasant experience at the optometrist's when I went with my crooked glasses in the belief that they would fix them. How wrong was I!
Because the place where I had been originally going (Jirka's lab mate recommended it to me) was for no particular reason closed, I went to another one on the street where I was (here: I really don't know Pittsburgh yet and I don't feel comfortable walking around places that I don't know that's why I didn't go anywhere else :)). My experience from where I come from :) told me that it was ok, that they were just going to fix them and that's it. I would even pay! Although they do that for free back home...
The conversation with the guy who worked there went something like that:

me: I need to get my glasses fixed.
the guy: What's wrong with them? [looking at them] Did you buy them here?
me: No, I didn't.
the guy: Well, then I can't repair them. I can't take the responsibility for breaking them. You have to take them where you got them from.
me: But I bought them in Europe.
the guy: Well, I can't take the responsibility [and all that crap, I was getting upset, as you can imagine, thinking if he even knows where I said I'm from...]... Take them back there.

So that's it. I know - it was just one place and I really do believe that they'll be able to repair them somewhere else. But still - that just doesn't make any sense. The world is going crazy. People are scared to do stuff because somebody could sue them. People are scared to say something because it could be politically incorrect. And I still don't have my glasses repaired.

2 comments:

fafner said...

I'm sorry about your glasses, but on the plus side, that picture made me laugh!

Barbora said...

I'm happy it did, it's actually a very good picture... Pretty much what I look like, my eyes are also a little crooked now... Just kidding. :) It's a good picture, found it online. :) And I was angry only for about 30 minutes after I left the store, so it isn't that bad. :)

Places I've been through, travelled through, live at...
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com