Explore. Dream. Discover.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Summer 2008 - Ostružná

Cestou na Paprsek

This summer wasn't bad at all. I spent one week in Jeseníky with my friends and plenty of other people at a summer sport week course. Hiking. Lots of hiking. I think the first hike to Paprsek almost killed us all. But we survived, sore, but survived. The second day Linda joined us and went we hiked to Rejvíz. Well, that was the plan. We never made it there because we took a wrong turn somewhere. But we didn't really care. Instead, we went to Zlatý Chlum and Čertovy kameny and then had a long coffee break in Jeseník with Linda and Radka. We deserved one! :)
The third day was supposed to be the hardest - a hike to Šerák. In fact, it was the one I enjoyed most, although the weather wasn't very nice at first and we couldn't see much from the top. Day 4 - Smrk. I loved that place! I've been to Jeseníky many times, but usually during the winter and there's obviously no time for hiking. :) There were so many blueberries that I could live there until November! It was amazing and they were sooooo good. Going down from Smrk, however, wasn't so much fun.
And the last hike was shorter - from Ostružná to Branná and back. There we went to a nice coffee place, enjoyed a piece of cake and then some adrenaline on the way back when trying to catch a train. We asked a local guy with a car if he couldn't give us a ride, but he couldn't as his car was full. He have us advice, though, so we "ran" up a meadow, the grass was taller and taller, we were so short of time... But we made it! And got home safely.
And if you want to see some pictures, click on OSTRUŽNÁ where you'll find my photos, or on OSTRUŽNÁ GROUP where you'll find Linda's and my photos.

Větrné elektrárny v Ramzové

Protahování ve Stříbrném údolí

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow....nice blog background!!!!!!!
Yes the blueberries were great:)
Have a great week...so chilly here!!L

Barbora said...

Thank you, it took me some time to make it look the way I wanted. I'm still not sure about the green color of the "z domova i ze sveta" though. What do you think? :)
And I know, it's chilly here too!

Places I've been through, travelled through, live at...
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com