Explore. Dream. Discover.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Back to the students' life! And all the news of my life


I found a great place to stay in Brno so I can officially say it - I love my new apartment! I'm pretty sure that not many people can live in such a cool place. For the money... :) I'll take some photos next week and post them here to make you all jealous. It's great because I hadn't been living in Brno for quite some time so it's nice that I don't have to start sharing apartment with some strangers that I have nothing in common. Talking about that, there are four rooms in the apartment and I'm going to have two flatmates; one of them is already there, he's from Poland and he's such a nice guy. Yes, I'm lucky. :)

I'm not that excited about school, though. It actually hasn't started yet but I'm not looking forward to it much. I had one class this Wednesday and it was fun, but the next, I'm not looking forward to... I envy Linda who says she's looking forward to being at school again. I wonder where my excitement got lost on the way. It isn't that bad, though, and I believe it's going to be fun.

I'll start working, too, in October (hopefully... the need for some cash is getting bad :)).

And... I got a phone call from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Those people seem to be sooo busy. :) They tell you they'll e-mail you in a week, then you don't hear from them for almost three weeks so you start living your life happily again and just take it as a fact that you didn't get the internship. And then they call you, suddenly, Friday afternoon. And they're sorry because they didn't have time earlier and you should have called because of course we want you here. Funny. :) Do I want to give up my wonderful Brno apartment for the internship? Or should I stay and still take the internship? Can I afford it? How much time do I want to invest into the internship? All these questions need to be answered so that I can e-mail the head of the department... Any suggestions? :)


Also, I got to the third round of the Fulbright applicaiton process and was invited for an interview on October 1. Wish me luck, please...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

also, when are u planning to do your MA thesis?
I am looking forward but at the same time...I am not sure how I will like it. I do hope though.
But ti seems I will be in brno for only 3.5 months.
Uf.
Congrats on the flat. Dont forget though, I am the first who could replace you next year...remember?:)
Bruvie

Anonymous said...

Whoa...I had no idea you'd been updating your blog so faithfully! I had some catching up to do. Had I read this, I could have offered more advice on the internship thing!

Did you decide if you're going to take it or no?

Susan

Barbora said...

Yes, Susan, that's me, a faithful blogger. :) Things got a little more complicated with the internship and school and all that. Just today, things are happening to me in a way that I wouldn't even think of. It's a little crazy right now, I'll e-mail you and explain. The internship - again waiting for their answer... I don't care that much anymore, though. It was a good thing for my ego but the fact that everything takes them so much time... The EU is going to be a mess during the Czech Republic presidency if everything works this way... :)

Places I've been through, travelled through, live at...
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com