Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

How paranoid am I?

Seriously, guys... I don't know what to believe anymore. I think I'm getting to the point where I'll just doubt everything. About four days ago, we watched Clerks 2 (which is, by the way, hilarious, I love Jay and Silent Bob, you have to watch it!)... The two main characters - Dante and Randal (who worked at a Quick Stop in Clerks 1) - work at a fast food called Mooby's and the movie begins with them coming to work and getting all the "food" ready. And here happens something that just made me wonder about where things come from for a couple of days... There was something that was supposed to be served as an egg in all those burgers they sell. I was staring at the screen with my mouth open in disbelief. What the hell was that??!!! My boyfriend looked at me, in disbelief, too, saying "that's what they use instead of real eggs" - ok, how am I supposed to know that? I've never seen anything like that before, it was very disgusting... The truth is, my boyfriend worked, many years ago, in a fast food in the US, so he probably had the chance... But for me, it was just shocking. So this, alongside with all the environmental articles and all that stuff, just makes me wonder what is real and what isn't all the time.
So I read an article about anything... And instead of thinking "this is intersting", or "this is boring", I think "well, and how do I know that it's true, who's the author? who is he working for?"

So - how do I know who's right - those who say that global warming (what kind of term is that, anyway? There's nothing such as global warming, it's just that the media like to use it... it's global climate change! :)) is going to kill us, or those who say it is not? Al Gore who made a nice movie, got a Nobel prize (one of the best jokes of last year, I'd say) and tells us how the US Republican government is destroying the environment and that we (or probably the Americans) have to do something about now? That Al Gore who did nothing about it when he actually had some power to do something as the US vice-president?


Please, tell me - are we ever going to know the truth about things? I just hope I won't end up not believing what I said myself... Who am I working for? Who's paying me to write this? :)))

0 comments:

Places I've been through, travelled through, live at...
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com