Explore. Dream. Discover.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Back on the road...

A year has passed (almost) and we're on the road again. It is not going to be such a marvelous trip like last year in Africa but we're hoping that it's going to be amazing and great and wonderful anyway. :)

Right now, we're at our first stop - Cleveland - where we attended Jill's graduation. It looks much more fun in the movies, my dear European friends who haven't experienced this yet. :) Anyway, it's good to see Jill and her family again so we're happy to be here.

The next stop is Chicago. We're going to get there tomorrow evening (after an 8-hour bus drive... I hate Greyhound, but I guess I've already told you that :)). We spend two nights in Chicago and then move west to Omaha. Now, you might be asking what's in Omaha? Nobody knows and that's why we're going there to explore it a little bit. But don't worry, we're going to be there just for a day, we aren't even spending a night there... Although we might regret it later... Probably not. :)

That was the Greyhound part of our trip. The Amtrak part starts in Omaha where we get on a train to Denver. We leave Denver as soon as we get there to spend about five days in Boulder and here comes the fun and my favorite part - the Rockies!!! Yay!!! :) But later on, we're going to spend two days in Denver, too.

After Denver? There's not much time left. We get on the train again and go directly to San Francisco (which is, in the ideal world, about 30-hour ride... in the real world, it's probably going to last longer due to all the delays and stuff). Jirka is attending some Fulbright event there and I'll just do my best to entertain myself, possibly go on a hike with Sam. I'll enjoy it anyhow as I plan to go play kickball again in the Golden Gate Park. I like the San Francisco people, too. :)

Besides that, we have no exact plans fr what to do and what to see. We have one plan and that's enough - we're going to have fun and enjoy it as much as we can! :)

7 comments:

o said...

i think it sounds brilliant:)
i m sitting here, in the room, it is raining dogs and cats, it is 7am and i am about to write the most difficult test...:)but i will prevail:)
travel safe and see u soon
L

fafner said...

Wow, you're going places I haven't even been!

Gardens said...

Hey Baru, sounds like you are having fun!! I have never had any big plans to go over to the US but now, for some reason, I feel tempted to join you ;)

Gardens said...

And.. guess what I am doing! Studying for the cultural and literary theory test :/ Enjoy the trip and see you soon :)

Barbora said...

Hi girls! Susan, where haven't you been? I can tell you one thing - don't go to Omaha. :)
And my dear students (Lindi a Zuzi :)), I'm suffering with you, although in the Rockies right now, I still have to deal with school stuff, too. Anyway, I'm kind of lucky to be here, I guess, so no complaining. :)

fafner said...

I actually haven't been to Omaha. Also, Denver, or anywhere in Colorado for that matter!

Barbora said...

Don't worry, Susan, we went to Omaha to see what's there and there's nothing, so you don't have to go. :) Malcolm X was born there, but the house isn't there anymore anyway. :)

Places I've been through, travelled through, live at...
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com